Regional Ocean Freight Procurement Manager, APAC - 3PL
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
|Salary:||HK$750000 - HK$850000 per annum|
- Entrepreneurial work environment
- Lead a small team based in HK
- Required occasional travel
Our client is an International Logistics Solutions company with steady business growth and development in recent years. The company headquartered in the US, it has strong business present in US and Asia market with Hong Kong as a regional hub. With the international business expansion strategy, the company is looking for a Regional Ocean Freight Procurement Manager to lead the development of the ocean, road and rail trade lanes in Asia per the business plan.
Based in Hong Kong, you will be responsible for managing the carrier and ocean freight procurement strategy for the Asia Pacific region and support corporate ocean strategy. As Regional Ocean Freight Procurement Manager, APAC, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a small team, supervising existing ocean trade lanes performance, and managing the relationship with suppliers to enhance operation efficiency
- Maintaining a positive partnership with shipment companies and other logistics partners to ensure achieving optimum levels of service and cost objectives
- Designing and driving best practice ocean product tactics and procedures across the APAC region
- Monitoring ocean freight targets, budgets, product KPIs and preparing monthly business analytics report
- Closely partnering with Sales department to understand client requirements, market trend and business objectives
- Analyzing and managing risk, identifying, and implementing sourcing and operational strategies to improve the vendor solutions across supply chain activities
- Closely partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure suppliers are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Degree and have 8 or more years' experience in a Procurement/ Ocean Freight's operations role with a shipping / freight forwarding / ocean freight / 3PL background in Asia market
- Experience in managing the relationship with shipping companies and contract negotiation
- Excellent understanding of pricing strategies, carrier management and negotiation processes
- Good knowledge of supply chain function in multi-national companies and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of the supply chain network
- Outstanding business acumen, excellent in problem-solving and presentation skills
- Excellent command of written & spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
*Role-based in Hong Kong, required occasional travel.
Interested parties, please click on "APPLY NOW" quoting AL245024 or email your CV to Anki.Lau@ambition.com.hk with a resume summary statement. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.