Senior Java Software Engineer - Top Tier Global Investment Bank
You will be working in a top-tier financial institution with a strong presence and focus in the APAC region. You will be working as part of the agile crew in Hong Kong and will collaborate closely with EMEA and US teams. You will deliver high performance, low latency applications used by front-office trading and middle-office users globally.
We are looking for a strong Java developer to:
- Design, develop and deploy software for Global Equity Derivatives risk management systems
- Produce software that is secure, stable, operational and scalable
- Meet the high expectations of clients through frequent releases of high quality software
- Support in problem solving and fixing defects in third level production support issues, and deploying fixes to production systems
- Write good quality unit, integration and performance tests
- Software Developer with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience
- Extensive working knowledge of core Java, specifically the language fundamentals and its application to high performance systems
- Strong development knowledge on database technology, ideally Oracle or Sybase
- Knowledge of cloud related technologies such as Docker with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) deployment would be advantageous
- Knowledge of OS fundamentals and scripting
- Knowledge of object-oriented theory, multi-threading and related design patterns
- Experience of automated testing, test driven programming, pair programming, refactoring, code reviews and continuous integration
You will be a core team member and collaborate globally, have a healthy work-life balance in a flexible and respectful work environment.
If you are interested in this position or would like to explore other opportunities within trading system technology, please send your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 3103 4327 for a confidential discussion.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer HKD1000 in Apple gift cards for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.hk/refer-a-friend