Global Project Consultant, Ocean Freight - Consumer (Contract)
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement Ambition Executive Search|
|Salary:||HK$750000 - HK$900000 per annum|
- In-house global consulting role
- Evaluating existing vendors performance
- Defining areas of growth opportunity
Our client is a leading Global Consumer products company with a great variety of well-known brands and headquartered in North America. The company has strong business growth in the APAC market with Hong Kong as a regional hub; With the international business expansion and upscale plan, the company is looking for a Project Consultant, Ocean Freight to review and analyse existing 3PL performance.
Based in Hong Kong, you will be responsible for evaluating the third-party logistics provider performance and designing Global Logistc effectiveness soltions. As a Project Consultant, Ocean Freight, your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the with Global and Regional Supply Chain team to understand their requirements for Ocean Freight and business objectives
- Developing applicable sourcing strategies, RFP development and process facilitation for Ocean Freight
- Identifying 3PLs who are complementary partners to business objective
- Managing the relationship with suppliers to enhance operation efficiency, improve logistics and supply chain plans
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain valuable terms and conditions
- Reviewing existing contracts and defining areas of growth opportunity
- Analysing and managing risk, identifying and implementing sourcing and operational strategies to improve the vendor solutions across supply chain & logistic activities
- Closely partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure suppliers are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Degree and have 12+ years' experience in Regional/ Global Logistic, Transporation and 3PL management, with Ocean Freight background is a MUST
- Experience in both 3PL and in-house with a solid understanding of end to end procurement logistics and supply chain management
- Project Management, RFP development and process facilitation for Ocean Freight
- Experience in driving change management and partnering with cross departments at a regional level or international level
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a detail-oriented approach
- Outstanding business acumen, excellent in problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent command of written & spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese is a MUST
*Role-based in Hong Kong.
*Immediately available candidate is highly preferred.
Interested parties, please click on "APPLY NOW" quoting AL244414 or email your CV to Anki.Lau@ambition.com.hk with a resume summary statement. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.