VP / Team Head, Internal Audit (Markets-Focused)
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a Leading Financial Institution with a long establishment in Hong Kong in the Financial Markets space. As part of strategic growth, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Internal Audit professional to lead their Internal Audit function (non IT Audit side) focusing on Financial Markets business and operations audit.
Reporting to the Group Head of Internal Audit, you will lead the Internal Audit function in Hong Kong, covering business and operational audits across all business units and support functions. You will be developing ongoing assurance plans and ensuring coverage of the highest risks whilst meeting local regulatory requirements. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the engagement team members and you will collaborate with the IT Audit team on integrated audit assignments. You will contribute to the management team on local and group internal audit objectives and planning, leading the team to execute high quality audits, providing insights and advising on potential impacts to the businesses. In addition, you will develop strong relationships with the businesses, operational units, compliance, risk and control functions to promote Internal Audit standards, methodologies and best practices. This role provides high exposure to the business and senior management at local and group level. Travel requirements are limited.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Professional qualifications in Audit, Accounting or equivalent disciplines
- Minimum 12 + years' experience in Internal Audit and / or related Controls function with exposure to Financial Markets, Investment Banking, Securities / Brokerages, Asset Management
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets operations, processes and risk management issues
- Knowledge of Hong Kong financial regulations relevant to the financial markets and understanding of control and compliance issues
- Experience in a team management role with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English with Cantonese and / or Mandarin
Contact Amy Ho (852) 3101 3066 or click APPLY NOW button quoting reference number AH 224809 www.ambition.com.hk
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.