VP, Regulatory Compliance, Wealth Management
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a leading regional banking group with an established Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Hong Kong. With a strong governance culture in place, the bank is committed to investing in the further development of their Compliance function. As part of this growth, a newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced Regulatory Compliance professional to join the team, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Compliance, you will be a senior member of the team managing day-to-day regulatory and general compliance matters within Wealth Management. You will liaise closely and coordinate with regulatory bodies and statutory parties, preparing regulatory responses, surveys and applications, ensuring regulatory requirements are met and any issues are addressed. Acting as a regulatory liaison, you will advise the businesses and support units on new rules and regulations interpretation, review consultation papers, conduct impact analysis, assist in self-assessments and provide them with the necessary compliance training and advice. Additionally, you will also drive and participate in compliance change / transformation projects including process and framework reviews and revamps, policy reviews / updates and regulatory-driven initiatives.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- A university degree with minimum 8+ years relevant experience in regulatory compliance or general compliance gained from Banking
- Must have experience dealing with regulators, including HKMA, SFC and / or OCI
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong financial services regulations and rules
- Experience gained directly from regulators would also be considered
- Familiarity to Wealth Management business would be ideal, relevant Compliance experience gained from Retail Banking, Private Banking and / or Asset Management would also be considered
- Excellent Communication skills with fluency in English and Cantonese