Team Lead, Internal Audit, Real Estate Investments
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
Our client is a well-established Real Estate/Property Investment Company with a high-profile Real Estate Investment Fund and a diversified portfolio in Greater China. As part of their on-going effort to strengthen their internal control and governance, a newly created Team Lead role has arisen for an Internal Audit professional to lead their team in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Group Head of Audit, you will lead a team of professional internal auditors to provide independent assurance on the group's risk management, governance and controls framework for various business portfolios including Real Estate Investment, Property Leasing and Management as well as the support functions. You will be involved in developing ongoing assurance plans and ensuring coverage of the highest risks whilst meeting local regulatory requirements. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the engagement team members in Hong Kong and contribute to the group's internal audit objectives and planning by being actively involved in group discussions and initiatives. In addition, you will develop strong relationships with the business, support functions, risk and control functions as well as provide insightful, pragmatic and valued control assurance to management. As a leader, you will drive and promote audit standards, methodology and best practice across the group. Limited travel maybe required.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- University Degree with professional qualifications in Audit, Accounting or equivalent disciplines
- Minimum 12+ years' experience in Internal Audit and / or related Risk and Controls function
- Exposure from Property, Real Estate Investments or REIT will be an advantage. Candidates from sizeable MNCs, Listed Companies or Financial Services would also be considered
- Strong understanding of Hong Kong industry related local regulations, governance, SFC rules
- Solid team management experience
- Familiarity with China's policies, procedures and business environment would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English, Cantonese and / or Mandarin. Ability to read and write Chinese