Team Head, Retail Banking Business Risk & Control
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a leading Asian bank currently expanding their Retail Banking and Wealth Management businesses in Hong Kong. To maintain a sound risk management culture and practices across all businesses within the group, the bank is looking for an experienced and high-caliber Business Risk & Control leader to be part of the Retail Banking business, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Retail Banking COO, you will be leading a team ensuring the business risk and control are effectively managed within Retail Banking (including Wealth Management and Insurance) with a strong focus on Financial Crime Risk Management and AML/KYC compliance in Hong Kong. You will have oversight on the business risk and control framework, be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of risk based programs, service provider management, financial crime risk management, AML/KYC process monitoring as well as procedural implementation. You will lead business escalation, issue management, assist in investigation and to present in governance meetings, financial crime and AML risk and control issues. Additionally, you will lead, deliver and implement regulatory related projects such as financial crime risk management projects and CRS. You will work closely with senior management, business leaders, 2nd and 3rd line of defense teams across Retail Banking to identify, analyse and mitigate risks and suggest remedial actions. In addition, you will play an important role in maintaining a sound risk and control culture, and contributing in on-going training to raise awareness.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- A University Degree
- Minimum 12 years of experience gained from Business Risk Management, Financial Crime Risk Management, AML / KYC, Operational Risk Management, Internal Control / Audit from sizeable financial institutions, ideally Retail Banks, Wealth Management and / or Branch Banking
- Solid understanding of the regulatory environment for Banking industry
- Understanding of Banking business and operations
- Proven experience in team management including managing offshore production teams, vendors or service provider
- 1st line of defence experience would be highly advantageous
- Exposure to AML / KYC processes and regulations
- Proven ability to work across cultures and geographies, ability to influence and negotiate, and strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English, Cantonese or Mandarin
Contact Amy Ho on (852) 3103 4311 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number AH 225236.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.