Senior System Administrator (Server Focused) - $35k
|Location:||Kwun Tong, Kwun Tong District|
|Salary:||HK$30000 - HK$40000 per month|
My client is an MNC Retail Firm. They are currently trying to hire a Senior System Administrator to expand in their team size.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge and expertise across Windows, Linux and VMWare based systems
- Provides server administration (Windows/Linux)
- Provides virtualization environment administration (VMWare)
- Storage management (SAN/NAS/iSCSI/Fibre Channel)
- Backup and archiving management (BackupExec, Archiware P5)
- Take responsibility for proactive activities - such as monitoring configuration, capacity planning, problem management and sharing of know-how - in areas of ownership.
- Travel to remote sites within the region will be a requirement
- Liaising with hardware, software support teams and approved vendors
- Addresses and resolves help desk requests as assigned.
- Logs all requests in the ticketing system for tracking of metrics and support.
- Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Collaborates with other IT staff to learn and support new applications.
- Analyses and resolves incidents and requests regarding server infrastructure systems.
- Troubleshoots enterprise software products as well as other software and hardware failures.
- Installs hardware and software as directed by the Manager.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of systems and network infrastructure supported.
- Provides after-hours and on-call support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux systems (Build/Configuration/Maintenance)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware/SAN solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with storage environment (SAN/NAS/iSCSI/Fibre Channel)
- Knowledge and experience with backup and archiving solutions.
- Microsoft certifications (MCP, MCSA, MCSE).
- Experience working with complex IT systems in a fast-paced web environment.
- Experience of supporting Windows 10, Office 2016 & Office 365/Skype for Business.
- Experience of using and configuring SCCM/SCOM.
- Experience of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing system.
- Interest in working with a diverse user population in a global company.
If you are interested please either apply directly here or send your resume to email@example.com. Thanks