Senior Data Engineer
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
Our client is one of the largest global leading finance firms in Hong Kong. They are expanding their Regional Data Engineer team now and is looking for a talented data engineer who is hands-on using new big data technologies and can lead a small team.
- Build standardized data engineering frameworks for data integration and hands-on develop, maintain and perform testing on data pipelines for across Asian countries
- Research on new big data technologies and build Proof-of-Concepts
- Design and implement data architecture.
- Perform platform upgrade activities for the Enterprise Data Lake platform
- Deploy machine learning models
- Leading and coaching a few teammates
- Hands on experience in big data engineering technologies, e.g. Nifi, Hive, Hbase and data streaming tools including Kafka, Spark etc, as well as traditional database technologies e.g. Oracle, SQL Server
- Solid experience in big data processing frameworks and techniques such as HDFS, MapReduce, and Stream processing
- Solid experience in data processing tools using SQL, Spark, Python or similar Open Source technologies
- Familiar with big data platform technologies like HDP, HDF
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps principles, TDD, CI/CD approaches
- Knowledge of NoSQL database is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering or related disciplines
If this opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Ruby.Chuk@ambition.com.hk and put "Big Data Engineer - Global Leading finance firm in Hong Kong" in the subject header.