Retail Infrastructure Lead - Network
|Location:||Wan Chai District, Hong Kong|
|Salary:||HK$60000 - HK$70000 per month|
Responsible for the complete Retail Store network environment for more than 800 stores, with potential for future store growth and international expansion. Leading a team of network analysts, manage and deliver exceptional service to these retail units. Provide creative thought leadership to internal business partners with enhanced store of the future technology projects reliant upon consistent and redundant network architecture. This role has direct responsibility for the new store opening IT process, including a team of New Store System Analysts and the low-voltage vendor supporting new store activities-site surveys, cabling, equipment installation, testing and hyper-care support post Go-Live.
- Drive strategic initiatives with Director, VP and internal business partners for improved future state network architecture design and enhanced features/roadmaps gathered from internal business partners.
- Improve and increase internet speeds within the fleet of 800 stores.
- Proactively manage bandwidth growth of increasing network data requirements.
- Optimize Store Wi-Fi capabilities while congruently ensuring Wi-Fi usage never impacts PoS core critical operations. Strategically analyze and optimize the location and performance of access points in stores.
- Provide network support strategy for all aspects of Retail Store Network which includes but not limited to: store network router, switch, cabling, wireless infrastructure, telecommunications, data communications and management of new store network/telecommunications implementation. Maintain Tier 3 24x7x365 on call support of network analysts to support store support help desk agents.
- Partner with Retail Store Systems support teams and vendors to improve incident management and escalations processes.
- Manage new store opening technical processes, partnering closely with Facilities, Construction, Store Operations and Store Systems to improve procedures and vendor accountability.
- Optimize vendor relationships to address process gaps in new store openings with hardware staging, construction calendar of events, cabling, PoS installation and testing.
- Maintain strong communications and foster confident and trustful working relationship with Store Systems, Store Support, Store Operations, Enterprise Architects, Engineering Services, Security, Facilities, Construction/Store Design, the PMO and other internal/external partners.
- Provides valuable project management for all operational and project related workloads according to PLC guidelines.
- Audits and evaluates the performance of his/her functional areas of responsibility in the organization and takes or recommends whatever action is necessary to insure that objectives and goals are achieved efficiently.
- Manages a small team of direct reports
- Understands and supports the Company's goals and objectives, and makes certain that his/her actions and decisions are consistent with them.
- Keeps his/her superior informed of all matters of importance and particularly those instances where deviations from planned results are likely to occur.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by his/her superior.
- Bachelor Degree or 12+ years of IT experience, with 5 -7 years managing networks and network providers in a corporate environment supporting 1000+ users.
- Retail IT experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience with MSP vendor relationship. Preferably responsible for the relationship and driving strategic initiatives/roadmap.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience managing network service agreements for a minimum of 10 locations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and mentoring direct reports. Prior responsibility leading highly effective teams and organizational structures, developing strong team succession plans and delivering crucial employee conversations.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills a must.
- Understands DR planning and execution, maintaining an active DR plan for Retail Networking Systems and technical new store processes.
- Experience with Wide Area Network/Local Area Network/Wireless Network design/SD WAN operability and best practices for a distributed retail network operation.
- Experience with Managed Service providers in relation to Provider metrics, understanding contractual agreements, technology trends and day to day Provider operational expectations.
- Understands fast paced dynamic Retail IT technology advancements and possesses skills to shift priorities accordingly and meet shifting deadlines.
- Can develop and maintain MS Project plans