Regional Operational Risk Management, Insurance Group
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
|Salary:||HK$840000 - HK$1200000 per annum + Discretionary Bonus|
Our client is an expanding International Insurance group undergoing significant growth in Asia in the recent years. As part of the Asia growth plan, an outstanding opportunity has arisen for an experienced Risk Management professional to join the regional office in Hong Kong to drive the Operational Risk Management function for the Asia region.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Risk Management, you will be a senior member of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) team, contributing to the maintenance of a sound regional ORM framework. Working closely with business leaders, you are responsible for implementing risk management programs, improving the existing risk management processes, enhancing the risk identification processes, ensuring effective risk monitoring and reporting are in place as well as participating in regional risk management reviews. As part of a regional team, you will also provide guidance and support to the local country teams on risk management initiatives and implementation, assist in identifying gaps in the risk management processes and advise on effective controls. As this role is responsible for firm-wide risk issues, you will have strong awareness and knowledge of all types of risks associated with the business operations.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- A university degree, ideally with relevant professional qualifications
- Around 8 to 10 years relevant experience in Operational Risk Management, Audit, Compliance and / or Controls related roles gained from Insurance sector
- Risk Management experience gained from specialist Risk Advisory practices within Professional Accounting / Consultancy firms servicing Insurance sector would also be considered
- Insurance exposure is a MUST
- Asia experience is a MUST
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Grading / Title would depend on job holder's level of work experience
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English