Regional Head of Product Control Audit
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a global bank currently expanding their investment banking and markets businesses in Asia. As part of continued growth, an outstanding and unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Leader to join the Internal Audit function focusing on Product Control and Valuation Control, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Global Head of the team, you will be leading the Product Control Internal Audit function in Asia, auditing various key activities within the Regional Product Control and Valuation Control functions. You will be in charge of developing ongoing assurance plans and ensuring coverage of the highest risks whilst meeting local regulatory requirements. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the team members across the Asia region. You will contribute to the global and regional internal audit objectives and planning by supervising regional delivery and execution for the businesses. In addition, you will develop strong relationships with the product control teams, markets businesses, other risk and control functions as well as providing insightful, pragmatic and valued control assurance to global, regional and country management. This role provides high exposure to the business and senior management at regional and global level. Travel requirements are limited.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Minimum 12 + years' experience in Internal Audit and / or related Controls function with exposure to Product Control and / or Valuation Control
- Current Product Control or Valuation Control candidates with Big 4 external audit background would also be considered
- Demonstrated strong leadership as well as stakeholder management skills
- Strong understanding of Product Control operations, processes and risk management issues
- Knowledge of Asia banking regulations relevant to the financial markets and understanding of banking control and compliance issues
- Excellent communication skills, influencing and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English