Procurement Manager (based in China)
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Specialisation:||Supply Chain & Procurement|
Our client is an established organisation in the Plastics and Rubber Manufacturing industry. In line with their expanding structure and exciting growth plan across the region, a great opportunity has become available for a Procurement Manager role based in China.
The main objective is to provide leadership to the Procurement department and to develop sourcing strategies. This role will report to the General Manager and lead a team of 8 headcounts.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Procurement department and develop sourcing strategies to purchase required materials
- Supplier qualification, supplier negotiation and vendor management
- Source and qualify new potential suppliers from local and overseas market
- Develop strategies to manage procurement budgets in order to achieve long term cost saving goals
- Responsible for Purchasing SOP, regular review & update the relevant SOP according to the latest process
- Liaise with Regional Procurement teams to develop and execute procurement strategies & project executions.
- Give direction and guidance to the team to provide a timely and cost effective procurement including delivery, inventory control and planning of factory direct & indirect requirement support
- Contract management and ability to review legal requirements and contractual documents
- Minimum 5 years experiences in Procurement and preferable someone from Manufacturing (Plastic, Rubber or Metal) background.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing activities and success in implementing sourcing strategies.
- Understanding of National and International Procurement Regulations.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organization, with focus on executive communication both internally and externally.
- Ability to develop and implement effective operational strategies and policies that support the business strategy.
- Strong team building skills and ability to effectively influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/direct and develop teams.
- Strong compliance orientation within and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem solving, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to converse fluently in English and Mandarin.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW
For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710