Network Engineer, up to 50K, global hotel group
- Design, implement and support new and existing services for customers and business partners.
- Improve performance and availability of existing networks and services.
- Research, track, document, publish and maintain network policies and procedures.
- Work with management to improve process, procedures and reduce inefficiencies.
- Out of the box thinking - text book solutions are not always the best answer.
- Mentor, train and assist team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of switches, firewalls and security concepts (IOS, NEXUS, ASA, VPN, ACL, STP, SNMP).
- Moderate to advanced knowledge with Solarwinds for monitoring, scripting and assets management.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, GRE).
- 3+ years' experience in network support, design and/or architecture on moderately complex networks.
- 2+ years' experience with design and implantation on complex networks, including firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, etc).
- CCNP(routing, data center, security or service provider)
- Knowledgeable on Load balancers (F5) and VOIP technologies (Mitel, Cisco, etc)
- Able to work within a team or on an individual basis.
- Flexible to work on/off shift to meet company, customer and internal requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill sets with English (Cantonese/Mandarin is a plus).
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Junior Network Engineer