Head of Wealth Management Risk & Governance, Banking
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a leading international banking group currently undergoing significant expansion in the Wealth Management business arm. To maintain robust risk management and governance practices across all businesses with the group, they are looking for an experienced and high-calibre Risk & Governance specialist to head this 1st line of Defense Risk and Governance Team for the Wealth Management business, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Head of Wealth Management business, you will lead the Hong Kong team responsible for risk and governance oversight of the Wealth Management business. Your team will perform on-going reviews to reinforce risk management, conduct and governance (including sales and regulatory related governance processes). Your team will also be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of operational risk programs, embedding regulatory and business conduct, perform controls monitoring, audit management, as well as ensuring compliance with policies and regulations. As a leader, you will work closely with senior management across Wealth Management to identify and mitigate risks and suggest remedial actions as well as to be the Business' representative on risk and control matters. On the group side, you will provide support on developing a strong risk and governance culture, support governance functions locally and regionally with business heads, functional leaders and regional management team on risk, conduct and governance issues. In addition, you will participate in regional and group level projects.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- A University Degree with relevant professional certifications / qualifications preferred
- Minimum 12 years of experience across Business Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Governance, Internal Control / Audit from banking or financial services within Wealth Management, Private Banking and / or Retail Banking
- Solid knowledge of Wealth Management regulations for Hong Kong (HKMA, SFC)
- Understanding of the Wealth Management business and operations in Banks
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Asia working experience is a MUST
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate, and strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese and / or Mandarin
Contact Amy Ho (852) 3101 3066 or click APPLY NOW button quoting reference number AH 218807. www.ambition.com.hk
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.