Head of Tax Operations, Investment Bank
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
Our client is a leading global investment bank with a prestigious international brand and a well-established presence in Asia. As part of continued growth, an unique opportunity has arisen for a Tax professional to lead the Regional Tax Operations team, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Global and Regional management, you will lead the Asia Regional Tax Operations team based in Hong Kong, supporting the business and management on the bank's tax risk and operational tax issues. You will drive the operational tax control framework, maintaining and improving the operating processes, supporting risk and advisory. Your function is responsible for tax matters related to withholding tax, transactions tax, stamp duties, capital gains tax, CRS and other tax initiatives / projects execution. As a leader, you will work with the Regional Corporate Tax team to understand and interpret new tax rules and legislation, drive the necessary implementation and changes on system and operational processes and manage the documentation of operational tax requirements, policies and procedures.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- University degree and ideally with an accounting or tax qualification
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in Corporate Tax and/or Tax Operations functions gained from Investment Bank
- Strong tax technical knowledge and applications on operational taxes
- Asia regional experience and knowledge of tax legislation in the Asia markets
- Good understanding of financial markets products, activities and the relevant operational tax implications
- Experience in team management and project management
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English
Contact Amy Ho (852) 3101 3066 or click APPLY NOW button quoting reference number AH 222820.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.