Head of Category Development, China Market - FMCG
- International Renowned FMCG company
- Newly created leadership role
- Major focus in Asia and China market
Our client is an International famous FMCG company with business across 110+ countries. The company is one of the biggest players in its category of products globally. The company has extensive operations and is a clear market leader in Asia. With further growth plans, they are looking for a Category Leader to lead the category & new product development strategy for Asia market.
Based in HK, you will be responsible for leading the category & new product development strategy for Asia market with strong focus in China and implementation with the objective of capitalising business opportunities. As a Head of Category Development, your responsibilities will include:
- Formulate new product and category development plan and identify growth opportunities across Asia, especially China market
- Define product portfolio strategies for the key markets and set annual execution plan to meet commercial objectives
- Closely partner with global marketing team and develop the category growth tactics
- Collaborate with various internal teams including sales, brand and trade marketing etc. to proactively enhance impact of category management
- Study and convert regional market data and consumer insight into category solutions
- Drive execution of set strategies into activities across Asia market while having strong partnership with internal and external key stakeholder in developing regional and China business strategy
- Connecting with domestic leaders at to identify business opportunities to define and achieve the common goal of the categories
- Define and design category development objectives and monitor the same for assessment of ROI as well as corrective actions steps
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Degree and have 10+ years of core Category / New Product Development experience in FMCG companies, preferably in Food and Beverage product sector
- Strong track record of converting consumer insights to category strategy in China market
- Experience in driving regional category & NPD development tactic with a proven track record in designing data-driven category development strategy
- Excellent communication skills with Do-er attitude and result-oriented mindset
- Solid analytical, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent command of written & spoken English and Chinese
*This position required occasional travel.*
Interested parties, please click on "APPLY NOW" quoting AL237447 or email your CV to Anki.Lau@ambition.com.hk with a resume summary statement. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.