Global Procurement Director - Food
- International renowned FMCG company
- Newly created leadership role
- High-impact cost and quality control
Our client is an International famous FMCG company with business across 100+ countries. The company is one of the biggest players in its category of products globally. The company has extensive operations and is a clear market leader in Asia. The company has strong business growth in the APAC market with Hong Kong as a regional hub; they are currently looking for Global Procurement Director to leverage the growing business in APAC further.
You will be responsible for the Global Procurement strategy with the objective of capitalising business opportunities. As a Global Procurement Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and driving the a global purchasing and procurement strategy for raw material, food ingredients, packaging materials and service vendor
- Evaluating the current procurement, demand and supply planning process and provide data-driven business optimisation solutions for all regions
- Reviewing existing contracts, negotiating with vendors and defining areas of growth opportunity
- Formulating applicable sourcing strategies, vendor management, vendor selection and solution implementation for supply chain
- Developing the best practice, management process and operating procedures to maximise effectiveness
- Formulating high-impact cost and quality control tactic for all regions with focus on continuous improvement and a good understanding of market dynamics
- Leading and coaching the team in achieving operational excellence on inventory control, warehouse management, turnaround times, food safety and logistics management
- Closely partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure suppliers are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Degree and have 14+ years of experience in supply chain or procurement management in food industry at regional or global level
- Experience in managing multinational team with solid understanding of raw material and food ingredients procurement strategy in Asia
- Good knowledge of supply chain function in multi-national companies and fast-paced environment
- Excellent people and team management skills with detail-oriented and proactive approach
- Outstanding business acumen, excellent in problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent command of written & spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese is a MUST
Interested parties, please click on "APPLY NOW" quoting AL243334 or email your CV to Anki.Lau@ambition.com.hk with a resume summary statement. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.