FRONTEND ENGINEER, ONLINE, REGIONAL
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
- To develop key frontend elements to connect our sites to the new Microservices & API-driven backend, for 500+ existing sites as well as new sites. This includes connecting existing Frontends to the new backend, building key elements in React, & continuing to leverage our successful Drupal CMS as a core component.
- To observe best-practice software development, follow established workflow and processes, and provide insights on how we can continuously improve them
- To develop efficient code in accordance with the signed off design, in a timely manner
- To code with quality, utilizing the tools at hand efficiently, and that the technologies are used properly and suitably for the business need
- To keep technical documentation for the frontend up to date, comprehensive and accessible.
- To increase the overall stability of code by writing defensively with thorough unit testing, and have the discipline to observe this at all times
- To troubleshoot issues and provide root cause analysis.
- To maintain a perspective that considers business value while keeping the balance with technical best practices
- Technical background - highly skilled, incorporating at least 5 years of technical development experience in frontend technologies, with a thorough understanding of engineering principles and design patterns.
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Jenkins, GIT, AWS Cloud technologies, frontend integration with RESTful APIs, frontend integration with a CDN such as Akamai
- Understanding of devops principles and associated tooling.
- Understanding of Drupal theming system, ideally Drupal 7
- Experience with PHP and/or Drupal module development is preferred
- Experience working in Agile development teams & working with Jira is preferred
- Experience working on large scale, global projects is preferred.
Positive, collaborative, & solution-oriented approach to building relationships & solving challenges. Pro-active approach to problem solving, actively seeking to grow your skills and knowledge.