Front Office Equities Developer - Banking - Hong Kong
This role is for a Java developer within the Equities development team primarily working on Atlas Trade which is the banks' strategic Trade Capture and Lifecycle Management platform for the Equity Derivatives business.
This is a design and development role primarily focused on continuing the build out of the Atlas Trade platform and associated applications. The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong and be a member of the global team. In addition, they will, from time to time, perform development activities on some of the regional tactical and legacy Equity Derivatives applications.
The developer will be responsible for the development and timely delivery of new and/or existing software and projects working with other software engineers and project managers.
The candidate will be hands-on with development and will be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle: requirements gathering, analysis, development, testing and deployment to fulfil the bank's SDLC standards.
What we are looking for:
· A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Management or related discipline.
· Experience in core Java (Generics, Collections, Multi-threading, I/O).
· Solid experience in building distributed systems in the financial services sector.
· Knowledge and experience of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required.
· Unix/Linux experience including basic shell scripting
· Some knowledge of equity derivatives products and operations
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Knowledge and experience with Oracle Coherence
· Experience of server side C# development 3.5, 4.0
· Familiarity with a range of development methodologies including: Agile and Test Driven development.
If interested, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org