AVP / VP, Index Research & Analysis
Our client is a market leading Index Group offering a wide range products and services in the region. As their continuous effort to further their business, a new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Research & Analysis Professional to join in Hong Kong, focusing on Greater China.
Reporting to the Head of the function, you will be participating in the formulation and implementation of strategies and research plans for index development and market expansion, conducting research and analysis into index composition covering a wide range of securities within Greater China, exploring new product ideas for portfolio expansion in the market, as well as maintaining and updating research methodology keeping abreast with regulatory changes. The role would require solid presentation and communication skills as you will interact with a variety of external stakeholders (such as regulators, exchanges, listed companies, fund managers and investment banks), as well as participate in conferences and seminars. As an experienced team member, you will also contribute in improving internal work flow and coaching junior members.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- An university degree with CFA
- 8+ years relevant experience in Research and / or Quantitative Analysis gained from Banking, Index and / or Asset Management
- Relevant experienced from Equity Research, Fixed Income Analysis, Index Compliers, Data Vendors and / or Investment Banking would also be considered
- Strong experience in covering Greater China market, especially China A equity market
- Solid skills in quantitative analysis, research writing and presentation
- Familiar with business environment in the China market
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin