APAC Retail Infrastructure Engineer
|Location:||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
My client is one of the biggest retial MNC, they are actively looking for APAC APAC Retail Infrastructure Engineer.
- Improve and increase internet speeds within the fleet of 800 stores.
- Proactively manage bandwidth growth of increasing network data requirements.
- Improve operational intelligence by developing accurate dashboards with tools such as SPLUNK and VEEAM. Create relevant metrics and reports for output to various levels of the organization. Present findings on a set frequency to senior leadership audience.
- Optimize Store Wi-Fi capabilities while congruently ensuring Wi-Fi usage never impacts PoS core critical operations. Strategically analyze and optimize the location and performance of access points in stores.
- Provide network support strategy for all aspects of Retail Store Network which includes but not limited to: store network router, switch, cabling, wireless infrastructure, telecommunications, data communications and management of new store network/telecommunications implementation. Maintain Tier 3 24x7x365 on call support of network analysts to support store support help desk agents.
- Manage Networking Systems technical problems, quickly identifying, addressing and resolving issues.
- Partner with Retail Store Systems support teams and vendors to improve incident management and escalations processes.
- Manage new store opening technical processes, partnering closely with Facilities, Construction, Store Operations and Store Systems to improve procedures and vendor accountability.
- Optimize vendor relationships to address process gaps in new store openings with hardware staging, construction calendar of events, cabling, PoS installation and testing.
- Maintain strong communications and foster confident and trustful working relationship with Store Systems, Store Support, Store Operations, Enterprise Architects, Engineering Services, Security, Facilities, Construction/Store Design, the PMO and other internal/external partners.
- Direct project activities of the Network and New Store teams, insuring adherence to established PLC methodology.
- Bachelor Degree or 5-10 years of IT experience, with 3 - 5 years managing networks and network providers in a corporate environment supporting 1000+ users.
- Retail IT experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience with MSP vendor relationship. Preferably responsible for the relationship and driving strategic initiatives/roadmap.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing network service agreements for a minimum of 300 locations.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills a must.
- Understands DR planning and execution, maintaining an active DR plan for Retail Networking Systems and technical new store processes.
- Experience with Wide Area Network/Local Area Network/Wireless Network design/SD WAN operability and best practices for a distributed retail network operation.
- Experience with Managed Service providers in relation to Provider metrics, understanding contractual agreements, technology trends and day to day Provider operational expectations.