AGM, Health and Wellness Company (1.3M)
About our client and the opportunity :
Our client is a billion dollar worth global wellness group of companies. They've acquired multiple world renowned wellness brands and for one of which they are looking to hire a successor for the retiring President.
This role is responsible for setting up a distributor and retail network across APAC aiming at the consumer market for affordable luxury goods. The recently developed expansion strategy needs to be implemented in selected countries in Asia. Over the last 2 years, this brand has launched 100 POS in China and Taiwan. The primary objective is to continue building the brand in these countries. A secondary objective is to expand in other countries in Asia as well.
There will be frequent contact with internal departments (located in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China). The incumbent will be based in Taiwan for 6 months before returning to Hong Kong for international market development. In particular, you will
- Conduct analysis based on a deep understanding of the markets, using desk research, actual observation, market data and consumer knowledge.
- Sizing the market and project estimated cost to enter
- Manage stakeholders' expectation on local vision and market potential for each territory
- Recommend product portfolio and business/market strategy. The business model will most likely be heavily weighted towards the use of distributors
- Select requirements used for screening potential retail partners and/or distributors Apply pre-determined criteria during selection process & conduct contract negotiation with distributor/retail contract per territory
- Own and update some of the templates used in the process, like pre-set criteria, distributor/retail contract and financial value simulations.
Managing Distributors/Retail Partners in selected geographies:
- Drive sales locally through distributor/retail partners to achieve and exceed an annual plan based on sales, margin and profit for each market
- Drive together with the distributor/retailer world class marketing activation on all 4-P's - product mix, pricing strategy, distribution, promotions and campaigns
- Ensure accurate rolling forecasts and timely orders are placed by each distributor
- Provide the day-to-day point of contact for current partners
- Check brand and in-store compliance and ensure the implementation of agreed activity
- Provide training, relevant presentations and support materials to the distributor and retailers
- Report sales, margin and profit and other performance indicators versus plan/update and provide background for up -and down sights on a regular basis
- Monitor A&P expenditure by distributor ensuring best value for the company and the distributor
- Monitor orders, invoices and credit limits to ensure they are on time and credit is not exceeded
About the requirements:
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in business, communications or economics
- 10+ years of experience in Asian sales & marketing, preferably in affordable luxury household products, appliances, consumer electronics
- Great knowledge of Asian markets and proven success operating in them
- Great leadership, business acumen combined with strong influencing skills
- Outstanding communication skills, commercial sense and results driven
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Familiar with Mandarin is a plus
Contact Mavis Chan on (852) 3103 4326 or click APPLY NOW quoting reference number MC225769
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Regrettably, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.